Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What a day!

Yikes! I knew it would be hard but didn't really know what to expect with E. He was out of sorts all day and I can only assume that it is due to all the changes. He was fine when we were away from home but when we came home he just had a rough time. After his nap he was doing okay but he went looking for Lucy at one point and that's when I had to explain to him that Lucy had died and that she would not be coming back. How on earth do you explain this to a 2 year old? I don't want to say she went bye, bye or was sick and died because then when we go bye, bye he may freak out and think we aren't coming back. I knew I would see and increase in negative behaviors and we did. He pinched, pulled hair and threw his food at lunch and dinner. This is going to be a tough couple of weeks for us. It was just a really hard day for E and for us. It is so sad and quiet around here. Lucy was slightly crazy but we did love her and she was family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You two are such good parents. You will help Eli through the grieving process and get through it yourselves. It will just take a little time. We are thinking about all of you.