Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sad, sad day.

Well, today was the day Will and I have been dreading since we found out Lucy had Lymphoma (sp?) at the end of July. We had to put Lucy down today. She hadn't and wouldn't eat anything for 3 days. She was only drinking water and barely picking up the scraps E would throw. She yelped out of pain even if you hardly touched her, could barely lift her head, and her back legs had lost most of their strength. It was a sad reality that we came to last night. I have never done this before because we didn't have dogs growing up and it was so sad. She has been a part of our family since Will and I got married. I know the hardest part will be when E asks where she is or goes looking for her and calling her name. I think we will see some pretty difficult behaviors over the next couple of weeks. She was a crazy dog but I know that I will miss her. I also know that I am not ready for another dog so please don't ask us when we are getting another one. It may be a little while, we all need a little healing time.


1 comment:

FrogMom said...

Oh no. I am so sorry. This is a terrible loss.

I know she will be missed, as we miss anyone we love that is taken from us.