Sunday, September 7, 2008

What a week!!!

So, we sold our car and got our overage check from the loan company. Yippee a little extra money to put into savings....or so we thought. Turns out when you get extra money things break! First, our garage door spring broke on labor day. We had just returned from a family outing and were in the house when we heard "boing" from the garage, and sure enough the garage door was broken. Then Saturday night after I had put a large load of laundry into the washer Will went downstairs only to smell that the motor on the washer had burned out. Yep, we killed the washer. I think it was about 13 years old and we were hard on that washer since we moved in and so I guess it was to be expected. Tomorrow E, M and I head to Sears and American to see what they have for washers. What a fun way to spend a morning. Yuck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that is how it always goes! Same thing happened to James and I. Finally had a chunk of change saved, and then we had to put $2,000 into fixing the car! Among many other sudden, random expenses that came up. Money stinks.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Something always breaks when you least expect it. Our garage door broke a couple years ago...it went down crooked (with Scott's car inside) the day after Christmas. Scott and I said "Merry Christmas" to each other. So the practical gifts began after not that many years of marriage ;)