Sunday, September 7, 2008

A funny, funny potty story!!!

I think just about everyone knows that to get boys to poop on the potty is a rather difficult task. E knows when he needs to poop and up until today was unwilling to sit on the potty when he needs to poop. Today, while I was bridesmaid dress shopping with my mom & sis, E pooped on the potty.

Here's the story. My cell phone rings as we sit in the dressing room of the Priscilla of Boston in Chicago. We are all finished trying on dresses and have picked one out. I answer the phone to have Will tell me that E has something to tell me. E says "I poop on the potty". I shout in great excitement, "You pooped on the potty, I am so excited and proud of you!" I can only imagine what the rest of the brides in the store are thinking. After lots of praise Will returns to the phone to share the rather hilarious story. It was time for E to sit on the potty and try to go pee pee. Well, he was pushing rather hard to get the pee pee out. So hard, in fact, that he sharted on the potty. Yep, I said sharted. Will made a huge deal and despite E not being very excited or acknowledging that he pooped on the potty Dad's excitement got him going. By the time I heard about it E was completely jazzed. Since it was a fluke we figured that it wouldn't happen again. Well about 3 hours later E & Will call me again to tell me that E has pooped on the potty again. Apparently, once it is done it is not so scary. This time E was sitting on the potty and said the poop was in his butt. Will said to push it out and E said it was stuck . Will said, "well why don't you read a book for a little bit and then see if the poop is ready in a little while." As E was reading his book he gave one hard push, his face turned red and plop into the potty it went. E said, "daddy let's check." Yep, for a second time today E pooped on the potty! Hip, hip hooray! Now, let's hope it continues. I think soon I will have to change the rules to earning stickers and special treats or I will be broke. If diapers start to stay dry then we will be able to wear big boy underpants soon....oh how I wish!

No comments: