Friday, October 26, 2007

Celebration for baby #2

I see that many people think a baby shower for baby#2 is a good idea. Gifts or no gifts people want to celebrate the new addition to our family. A few people think it is not okay but were unwilling to share their comments with me. I guess I wonder why people are so against it? I was reading elsewhere that some people think it is rude to have showers if your children are close in age and the same gender. It seems okay if you are having a child of a different gender. I think that is horrible. I would not be having a shower to be selfish....this is not a celebration of me but a celebration of our family. It's a celebration to prepare for the arrival of baby #2. A party to celebrate Eli becoming a big brother. I think all babies should be celebrated and I will happily plan a shower for my family or know a few people that would help me plan the party. Thanks for the support and excitement that everyone has for our family. I am so happy we have such a strong and loving support system.

3 comments:

Span Ows said...

I don't see why not however if you feel uncomfortable with it tell people that it's just a celebratory party for the birth of number 2 (any birth should be celebrated) and that presents aren't necessary...they'll bring them anyway and you'll have a clear conscience! :-)

Anonymous said...

I will be glad to help with the celebration. I think it's a wonderful idea. Kathy

Unknown said...

Who said it's not a good idea!? That is silly! Especially if you are not asking for gifts, then why does it matter? Who would be against a celebration when all they have to do is show up and eat food & enjoy spending time with friends and family?! Seems weird - every baby should be celebrated. Again - I want to help plan it & of course take tons of photos. :)