Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Sunshine!

Today is our Sunshine's 1st birthday....yep she is turning one in Ethiopia while we sit here and wait to see her for the first time. There will be a small celebration at our house tonight and today we will all just be missing her. Giggles & Speedy have been talking a lot about their little sister. Speedy told a friend of ours that he wants his little sister home. Giggles just the other day asked when she was coming home. I think this really long wait was good for them, they were able to digest this all and sort of miss her a little too. I think that will help them welcome Sunshine into our family. We miss her. Today is hard for me because it's a big milestone, we are missing so many of those in this first year. There are so many to come but I am filled with sadness to know all the details I won't be able to tell her about.

Sunshine's Birthday:
Cold and rainy in Wisconsin
Sunny & pleasant in Ethiopia

I am certainly glad she saw some sunshine on her 1st birthday!

1 comment:

~Christy said...

Missing her and thinking of her too! Can't wait to meet her...

(Also - yay for the nicknames! I like them! :))