Friday, September 3, 2010

Hardest on M :(

Turns out that in all our preparation with E about his big start to preschool we didn't really prepare M. No one ever talks about how hard a sibling going to school is on the sibling at home. I never really thought about it until we left E at preschool on Wednesday and M cried all the way home and cried himself to sleep. Poor guy probably figured we were just leaving him somewhere....we didn't tell him what was going to happen or anything. He misses E. It's a good thing he is gone in the afternoon or it would be harder on him I think. His playmate is gone and boy does he miss him. I think I should have prepared him more for this. I think it is actually harder on him. Poor guy. Seriously, why doesn't anyone warn you about this.

1 comment:

Alia Ramer said...

How far apart are they? I don't remember my second being upset when the first one went to preschool.

How's it going now that it's been a few months? Did you try framing it as "Wow, now we get to have some alone time together!"? Then it's a positive, instead of missing his brother.

Good luck. Just discovered your blog - I like it!