Monday, October 12, 2009

St. Patrick's Day is when?

Coming from an Irish family the date of St. Patrick's Day is etched into my memory, my husband on the other hand is a different story. He decided to lighten my load and take M to the grocery store and do the weekly grocery shopping. I don't relinquish this often because it means having to be really specific on the grocery list and I know we don't save as much money either. Anyhow, he took M and on the list it said corned beef, I had mentioned we were having rueben sandwiches and apparently he didn't hear that, he looked all over the meat department and there was one brisket left (this should have been his first clue). (Clue #2) He was thinking that it was kind of expensive and he knows I usually buy it when it's on special. (Clue #3) Sauerkraut, rye bread and swiss cheese were also on the list.

After a trip to another grocery store to get the deli corned beef he mentioned that when he was looking for the brisket he said to M, "why does she want this? Is it St. Patrick's Day soon?" A woman gave a little chuckle, at the time he thought it was because M is so cute but upon retelling the story he realized she was laughing at his stupidity.

Maybe now he will remember that St. Patrick's Day is in March.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doubt it. He'll forget the story in day or two.