Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh the fear.

Yikes it's been 3 days of refusal, nap refusal by E. Yep, 3 full days of me putting him down to nap and not napping. Not only was he not napping, I think he was attempting to wake his sleeping brother. Here was how it went.

E...I don't want quiet time.
Mom...You don't have to sleep you just need to be in your room quietly reading or playing.
E...I don't want to.
Mom...I just need you to be in your room for a little while, if you don't sleep then you can come out.
Mom put E in room. He doesn't lay down, just sits briefly on his bed. Mom leaves and E begins to play. No biggie, I can handle playing I just need to be alone for just a little while. Just a little peace is all I need. Then E begins the shouting & the crying. Mommy can't leave him in there to wake his brother so we try to rock on the pink chair (our lovely mauve recliner in the living room). He sits quietly for about 5 minutes and then begins the squirm. Mom tries him in bed again and he is quiet for about 15 minutes. Then the shouting begins and out he comes. Clearly he is not currently tired but he will be soon or so I hope. No luck for me. He is up all afternoon for 3 straight days and on all 3 days he practically falls asleep while eating his afternoon snack between 4 & 4:30. Yep, so much for his usual 8 pm bedtime.

Please tell me he isn't weaning himself from his nap. He needs them so badly and so do I. I admit it everyday I look forward to that time when they are both asleep and I get a little me time. A little peace in the house never hurt anyone either. I hope my biggest fear is not coming true....I need that nap!

No comments: