Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Taking the plunge!!!

Okay, so we decided to go for it! I am going to breastfeed, well try at least. It will be intensive therapy but I think it will be worth it if I can lactate. I have to induce lactation since I am not currently carrying a baby. Hopefully, it will work. I am going to try first with just pumping, being open-minded and positive about it. Then, if that doesn't seem to work I may try the herbal remedies and if that doesn't work I may talk to my OB about the medicinal option. We'll see. I will need all the support I can get and so please oh please help me stay positive about this. I want it to be a wonderful experience and not too stressful. So, I hope it works. Step 1 will be underway hopefully Friday.

2 comments:

FrogMom said...

That's great Jenn! I considered this to, but never did make the plunge. I think this is a wonderful way for you to bond with little M, even if you end up havig to supplement with bottles to.

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Jenn! Let me know how it works - I am starting the herbs today...link of early since we are only 3 months into the wait, but oh well.

Did you buy or rent a pump?