Saturday, January 5, 2008

Trains!

Okay, so I have to admit on New Year's Eve I was not thrilled to be going to the train show at Olbrich Gardens. My dad, who has recently gotten into this whole model train thing, wanted to go and he thought E would like it. I figured he was right and E would probably love it. Unfortunately, my dad was sick and didn't get to join us and did he ever miss out. E thought this was the greatest thing of all time. The trains were moving by themselves, nobody had to push them along. He thought it was so cool. The coolest part of the train show was when the train drove past this Scooby Doo jack-in-the-box and it would open when the train arrived and shut when it was gone. E got such a kick out of that. I think E's excitement was more entertaining to most people than the trains. At the end E couldn't contain his excitement and as he was saying, "no touch choo choo, no touch choo choo," he reached out and touched the train. When the young boy came over to fix it E said, "Sorry," all on his own. I was so proud of him. After that we went into the tropical dome and Will took a lot of cute pictures of E with his Nana.


Waiting. Maybe next time.


Wow, check out Scooby Doo!


Look at that pair!

No comments: