Tuesday, January 29, 2008

So far...so good!

Anyone that reads my blog knows that I fear the transition E will have in bringing another child into our family. I know eventually E & M will (hopefully) be good friends but until then I think it will be hard. So far he has handled it well. He is excited to have a baby brother. When he sees M K's picture he says baby brother. He was fine with the idea of a baby brother so today I added the idea that M would live with us because he is a part of our family and families live together. E was a little less enthused. When Will got home he told him all the things that he can teach M and how much fun it will be when M gets older and they can play together. Now, E seems like it won't be so bad to have M around. However, on Tuesdays and Thursdays E will cry every time M (the little girl I watch) cries. As soon as she cries he does. It isn't often but it happens and so now I am trying to figure out how to deal with this issue. It's like an automatic response for him and now we have to figure out how to lessen this automatic response. What an odd problem to have. Now, to figure it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenn, I think E's tender heart (sympathetic crying) is a really good thing! I remember my little boy (who is a sweet teen now) was the same way, and I totally enjoy his empathy. Thumbs up to sensitive boys - don't change a thing!

Meghan