Sunday, November 25, 2007

Too cynical???

The day after Thanksgiving we always go and see a movie. There have always been lots of young cousins and now we are having children, needless to say the movie is never anything but G or PG depending on the crowd. This year we viewed Enchanted. For those of you that don't know it is a Disney production about a fairytale princess who is dropped out of her storybook and into "real life". I was not thrilled about the choice but all the children are girls and they really wanted to see it. I remember seeing the previews and thinking how corny it was and that I wasn't going to see it but I went along anyhow. I tagged along in part just to get out and also to spend some time with my mom. It was sappy, corny, and well a little cute---it will be a musical before you know it. However, I think it was time I had seen something with a little bit of fantasy in it. I think I had forgotten that life doesn't have to be so serious all the time. Everything doesn't have to be so hard with real-life lessons. It made me really think that maybe I take life too seriously. I am to cynical and just need to enjoy things some times. I never thought of myself this way before. I always thought I was laid back and just enjoyed life...it's not that I don't but I am definately too cynical. A little bit of fantasy is necessary. It's important to have hopes and dreams and wishes, without them we forget that dreams can come true. I am trying hard to remember that so that I pass along that idea to Eli....kids need to believe that good things can happen and that not everything is hard.

No comments: