Monday, September 10, 2007

It has been a while

Yeah, I know it has been a while. It was a very busy summer for us. We had a great labor day at my mom and dad's and enjoyed the weekend knowing I didn't have to go to work. This staying home thing has really lightened the stress at home and allowed us to have weekends again. I never realized just how much being a teacher affected my life at home. I loved my job but the ability to not worry about what needs to be graded or planned or finished or taken home has really let me enjoy my family more. It allows us to be free from planning things around the work I have to do at night. I miss my students more than I thought I would but wow has it made me a better mom and wife. I just feel really free of the stress of a job and that has made such a difference in our life. It wasn't something that was hindering our family but life without it is certainly nice. Life has just felt good. I am thinking I may need to find a line of work where I can leave my work at work. Hmmmm.....now what could that be? I have time to explore. I will be home with the kids for a couple of years.

No comments: