Saturday, September 22, 2007

Bad day for Eli

On Fridays I substitute teach for my old school district. It's a way for me to get out of the house and for Eli to be with kids his age at an in-home daycare. I love Brittany, his daycare provider, but Friday was a bad day. Eli screamed when I left him again but he did calm down and did really well until about 10. After that it all went down hill. He had a complete meltdown, didn't eat much lunch, and didn't eat much snack. I don't think he napped well either. When I got there to pick him up he said "momma" in the tiniest little voice and then I heard that quiet gasp like he had just finished sobbing. I picked him up and he hugged me so tight and didn't want to let me go. When we didn't leave right away he started to cry again. We will try it a couple more Fridays but if this keeps up I think I will stop subbing. I was going to do a couple pre-requested Mondays as well but I think I won't be doing that. I think one day is enough for me. I love my Eli time too much. This meltdown has made us reconsider who will be going to Ethiopia again. We can't make up our minds. There are just too many factors and what ifs to consider

No comments: