Thursday, August 9, 2007

Looking back

I can't even believe that Eli has been home for 1 year and 2 months. Time has flown by. This past week we have been transferring all the hours of video we took during the past year onto tapes and it was amazing to see just how small he was. It still floors me to know he was once that small and unable to do much of anything. It has only been a year and I have already forgotten what it was like to have a baby that small. I am amazed that he has grown up so fast. I don't even remember what it was like to have a baby that couldn't even roll over. Some things about Eli have never changed. He has the same laugh and shout he had when he was 4 months old. It was so great to see those videos again. I am so glad we took so many videos. I hope we make the time to do that for baby #2. Looking at the videos I see that I was blinded by my motherly love for Eli. His hair was crazy for a while and I thought it was so cute. Looking at it now I wish I would have cut it sooner, it would have looked less chaotic. Oh well, you live and learn.

No comments: