Sunday, July 29, 2007

On our journey...

As most of you know Will, Eli and I are playing the waiting game for baby #2. We are very excited about this and can't wait to bring baby #2 home. We started talking about adopting again in the winter sometime and had decided to wait until the end of the summer. Then as summer approached we realized we didn't want to wait that long to bring another baby home. So, we called Anne, our home study social worker, and got the ball rolling (May 1st). Just a month later, June 7, 2007 to be exact, we were on the waiting list for an infant from Ethiopia. We are not choosing a gender and waiting to see what destiny brings us. I believe we were destined for Eli and I believe baby #2 is destined for us, boy or girl. The wait is 7-9 months until a referral and 9-12 months until we travel. We will finish month #2 on August 7th...we have a long road ahead of us. I won't start to get anxious until November 1st...then every time the phone rings I will get excited. We are very excited and already starting to talk about baby #2 with Eli. I think it will be a rough transition for him but I know that he will adjust well. Eli is 18 months old now and we expect he will be 24-27 months old when we bring our little one home. He will have a rough time sharing the attention with someone else. He loves being the center of everyone's world.